on the Way
We're working on bringing a new
and improved web site to keep you better informed about news and events
at Congregation Bet Haverim. If you are not automatically
redirected, visit the new site now at http://bethaverim.wordpress.com.
Welcome to Congregation Bet Haverim Online
Your 24/7 source for information about Congregation Bet Haverim, located in Davis, California.
Founded in 1961, Congregation Bet Haverim still counts among its members some of the "first families" who began a Jewish fellowship in Yolo County in order to share simchas, sorrows and faith with friends who felt like family.
Today, Bet Haverim continues in the spirit of our founders by welcoming the full range of diverse Jewish and interfaith families: single parents, singles, multi-cultural and multi-racial families, gays and lesbians, people of all ages and people with special needs.
Contact us for more information about membership.^ TOP
Important News from Bet Haverim
Keeping in Touch
about becoming a partner
download a partnership pledge form.
Religious Services This Week
- Friday, May 29
- Kabbalat Shabbat, 8:00 p.m.,
- Saturday, May 30
- Torah Study, 9:00 a.m., Library
- Shabbat Service, 10:00 a.m., Sanctuary (Yizkor and Confirmation Service)
- See our Calendar for a complete list of upcoming services.
Help Make the Dream of a Trip to Israel a Reality by Supporting the Chai Campaign
We are two 10th graders
in Confirmation class this year. We are really looking forward
to traveling to Israel with the National Federation of Temple Youth
(NFTY) this summer. Every summer, NFTY brings hundreds of Jewish
teenagers to Israel for approximately four weeks. This trip is a very
exciting milestone in a Jewish teenager’s life. We have
chosen the L’dor V’dor trip that, along with going
to Israel, takes us to Prague and Poland where we will explore the
history of the Jewish culture and visit significant Holocaust landmarks.
A Caring Community: Tikkun Olam
- Repairing the World
- Opportunities to repair the world by performing mitzvot and giving tzedakah are plentiful at Bet Haverim. Ongoing efforts include:
- Social Action Committee - local and Bet Haverim-based initiatives
- Mazon partner synagogue - a Jewish response to hunger, and support of Davis Community Meals
- Biberstein Social Action Fund - benefiting Yolo County non-profits
- Religious School tzedakah program and B'nai Mitzvah projects
- Mitzvah Meals program - feeding the ill and bereaved of our Bet Haverim community
- Support of interfaith and community-wide humanitarian efforts, such as the Celebration of Abraham, Dear Sudan, Love, Davis/Woodand, and Adopt-a-Social Worker.
- Mitzvah Day highlights the Jewish principle of Tikkun Olam. It is a day to help primarily local area charities and organizations that benefit greatly from just a few hours of our time and effort. We welcome your help in planning and implementing this congregation-wide, annual event. For more information, contact Roberta Kuhlman at 297-5001, email@example.com.